Sunday 1 October 2006

September Microstock photo result

Shutterstock


I uploaded another 20 photos this month so that the portofolio keeps growning. Depending on the site, I now have between 100-200 photos on each (acceptance of 50-100%). Most of my shots are travel shots so they do not get big downloads (people shots and business shots apparently do best) but I get a steady, but slow, stream of DL, even on the older photos.

Below are percentages for the month to show how I have been going:

20% shutterstock
26% dreamtime
6% Fotolia
10% istockphoto
5% bigstockphoto
6% 123RF
16% StockXpert

I do submit to another few sites but they dont have enough sales to warrent a mention. The sites above are the ones that are worthwhile unless you have a really large portfolio.

With solid sales this month, the pick of the months is dreamtime :

Royalty Free Images

My guess for the site to improve most is Fotolia . It has a huge portfolio of photos and their marketing is only starting (they are less than 1 year old). They have multi-language sites and have quite a focus in Europe where the other sites dont seem to be as focused.

Fotolia

No comments: