Friday 1 August 2008

Microstock photography results for July 2008

Sales picked up which is great as they had been going down for the past few months (total earnings up 25% this month).  I still haven’t got round to upload which is very disappointing.  I have some ready to upload and have another batch ready for editing.  StockXpert had a great month and iStock picked up a bit after a couple of disappointing months.  Shutterstock put in another solid effort but is still way of its highs.

Below are percentages for the month to show how I have been going:

22% shutterstock
15% dreamtime
7% Fotolia
22% istockphoto
3% bigstockphoto
7% 123RF
23% StockXpert
1% Featurepics

Since I have been doing this for about 2 1/2 years now, I thought it would be interesting to see annual trends.  Ignoring the fact that I was constantly upload until about August 2007 ( I have uploaded very few since then), you can see that we have just gone though a slow patch and things should increase now till about November.  Most of my photos are travel shots (not a Christmas one amongst them) so my trends may be different to those which different photo mixes.
Annual results - July

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Previous results for 2008:

June 2008 Earnings
May 2008 Earnings
April 2008 Earnings
March 2008 Earnings
Feb 2008 Earnings
Jan 2008 Earnings

Shutterstock
Royalty Free Images

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had a situation where I complained about the review process on Shutterstock and the rates of compensation. They terminated my account and now are not paying the commission fees on the licenses. Prior to this, I've had photos decreasing in sales and have had more problems with uploading photos. I had nearly 3K of photos on SS with consistent sales for over a year. Be careful. Something is going on over there.

Unknown said...

Very good......

Tzar Harris said...

Thank you for sharing your results, looking forward to see your August numbers. Please have a look at my stock photography blog at StartStock.